19.03.2012 - 19.03.2012
So, it's 4 weeks before we fly off on our grand adventure and the nerves are kicking in. Don't get me wrong, we have planned our arses off to get to this point but there's still so much to do and the thought of being dazed, confused and thoroughly jetlagged in Lima is pretty damn scary when I'm feeling very green to the whole backpacking thing.
Things that makes me feel better:
1. In a month, I'll be sitting on a beach in Ecuador, watching the sunset and letting all the stress of the last 2 years planning, saving and working insanely hard for drift away with the tide.
2. The biggest worry was letting the house out so we have relatively nice tenants that will look after the house while we're away. That is sorted.
3. I'll book a hostel for the first few nights in Lima, so we don't have to be wandering around with a lonely planet and backpacks trying to find a semi-reasonable place to lay our heads when all the Spanish we've learned has all been forgotten.
4. I'm going with my very lovely husband, Mr. Pixie on the most amazing year I've ever had.
5. I don't have to work for a WHOLE YEAR. \o/
We're spending the next couple of weeks winding down at work, catching up with friends and sorting last minute practicalities like money stuff, landlord stuff and finishing off all the food in the freezer so we don't have to chuck it in the bin on our last day. Egg fried rice and Chicago town pizza anyone? No?